Administration & Project Officer
Job description and person specification
Reporting to: Operations, Governance and Finance Manager
Location: Coleraine House, Coleraine Street, Dublin 7
Duration: 1 year (fixed term contract)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Annual leave: 24 days
Reporting directly to the Operations, Governance & Finance Manager, this role will support the general operations and administration of the organisation and provide project support for the team.
General Administration and Facilities Support
The successful applicant will work closely with the Operations, Governance & Finance Manager to ensure that all organisational administration complies with regulatory and financial requirements. The post-holder will also work to ensure that facilities – premises, IT, telecommunications, health
and safety – are managed and maintained effectively and will assist in day-to-day organisational administration duties.
- Manage and oversee system for the processing of telephone and email enquiries.
- Maintain MHR’s information and CRM systems (Salesforce) and electronic filing systems.
- Handle office management-related tasks (e.g. logistical matters, office supplies, mail).
- Managing invoice timelines and preparation.
- Events management – both online and in venues.
- Gathering and processing data to inform stakeholder reports and the measurement of MHR’s key performance indicators.
- Assisting with production of reports, documents and presentations in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Maintaining and filing project documents.
- Arranging in-house and online meetings, booking rooms, equipment and catering.
- Organising travel and accommodation arrangements for team members and associated personnel.
- Contribution to the maintenance of strong internal systems and processes.
- Update, and ensure implementation of MHR’s Policies, Procedures & Process Documentation.
- Assist the team with the administration and organisation of fundraising and income generating activities.
- Contribute to new initiatives and projects.
The post-holder will provide organisational and administrative support across the lifespan of Innovation projects.
- Provide administrative and secretariat support to project structures.
- Assisting in developing project task plans and follow-up activities.
- Assist with the successful onboarding of funded projects, in accordance with MHR guidelines.
- Supporting Innovation Team in managing project budgets through the life cycle of the project. This includes preparing project budget reports which monitor actual and forecasted time and costs vs budget.
- Support the development of project tools and resources.
Assisting MHR to deliver on its overall strategic goals
- Work within the framework of the overall objectives and the policies and practices of the MHR.
- Prepare and report on your individual work plan targets as directed by your Line Manager, and in accordance with the organisational strategy and annual work plans.
- Ensure all work undertaken complies with data protection and GDPR rules.
- Contribute to the promotion of equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice, diversity, individual rights and choice in all aspects of work.
- Carry out other administrative duties as required.
- Support interns and/or volunteers as required.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Operations, Governance & Finance Manager.
- Undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time by the Operations, Governance & Finance Manager or CEO.
- Be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of the CEO or Health & Safety Representative.
- Level 6 QQI qualification at a minimum.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in managing administrative and project work.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confident with MS Office, Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, effective team member with the ability to work on his/her own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines, while producing work to a high standard.
- Ability to represent the organisation appropriately.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Familiarity with project management tools and approaches.
- Understanding of finance and governance procedures within the not for profit sector.
Terms and conditions:
- This is a fixed term, one-year contract subject to funding and completion of a probationary period.
- 37 hours per week.
- Salary is €30,000 – €35,000.
Mental Health Reform operates the following benefits for its employees:
- Defined contribution pension scheme.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Annual leave entitlement is 24 days, exclusive of public holidays, and 1 wellbeing day per year.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for additional information can be sent to email@example.com
- Closing date for the submission of applications is Friday 10th March at 5:00 PM
Mental Health Reform is an equal opportunities employer